The Robert Axle Project 170mm M12x1.75mm Trainer Axle (TRA223)
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Our Trainer Axle is designed to adapt your thru axle equipped bike with your wheel-on trainer, such as a 1up, Blackburn, Cyclops, Kinetic, Tacx, Wahoo and many other trainers. Our goal is to fit the thru axle to your bike perfectly, so we minimize spacers and extra parts, providing a clean, high performance axle for your bike. Train, warm up and be race ready and fit for the season.
Cervelo owners with RAT thru axles: This axle will replace the RAT axle found on all of their RAT equipped bikes. In addition to this axle you will need to replace the RAT compatible derailleur hanger with Cervelo threaded hanger Part Code: DRH-WMN112. This axle combined with the replacement derailleur hanger will provide a complete threaded thru axle system. If you don’t know what “RAT” is then this message is not for you, but the axle still is.
- This Trainer Axle is designed to adapt your high quality bike to your on-wheel trainer. These are compatible with all the popular brands: BKool, Blackburn, Cyclops, Kinetic, Tacx, Wahoo and more.
- Our first priority is building a precision thru-axle. Our axles fit into your bike as well or better than the stock thru axle.
- The axle is installed with a simple 5mm hex/allen key. The same tool that you carry on every ride.
- The best part? When it’s time for your race or time to head outside, simply remove your bike from the trainer, remove the drive side axle end and go. Our axle is suitable for use on or off the trainer. Indoors or out.
- Important: Before you order, make sure your specific trainer will accommodate the width of your modern thru-axle equipped bike. Measure your trainer at the widest setting and measure the outside width of your bike frame. Our the trainer axle ends will extend 15mm past your frame on each side.
Robert Axle for Trainers replaces your stock 12mm thru axle so you can use your bike on a trainer.
- This axle is compatible with BKool, Blackburn, Cyclops, Kinetic, Tacx, Wahoo and many other on-wheel resistance trainers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 170mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142 hub does not equal a 142 mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.75 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle ends are precision CNC machined from 7075 aluminum, and hard anodized for rugged durability.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.
Cervelo - Caledonia & Aspero & others