Robert Axle Project 162, 167 or 172mm M12x1.0 Hitch Mount Trailer Axle (KID213)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Since 2013, we have been an important part of cyclists’ adventures all over the world. Our axles have millions of miles on them in mountain bikes and road bikes, carbon bikes, fat bikes and e-bikes. Our axles are specifically designed to handle the high-torque loads generated by e-bikes.
Your stock thru-axle is not strong enough to haul your precious cargo! Our axles are 3 to 4 times stronger than the stock axle that came with your bike. Our stainless steel axle ends provide a safe and secure attachment point of the hitch to the axle. The axle is quick to install and remove with a common 5mm hex key.
Our axles are not just designed in the USA, but are made here as well. They are machined by avid cyclists to the tightest standards in the industry. We safety test, to failure, every batch of axles we produce to ensure they exceed your expectations.
Robert Axle for Kid Trailers replaces your stock thru-axle so you can attach a child or cargo trailer to your 12 mm thru axle equipped bike.
- This axle is compatible with Burley, Carry Freedom, Chariot/Thule, Croozer, Instep, and many more hitch style trailers.
- The true length of the axle shaft is 172 mm, but can be shortened using the included spacers – a flat 5 mm spacer and a tapered 5 mm X-12 spacer. This allows for axle lengths of 162, 167, or 172 mm. Please note: Thru-axle lengths do not equal hub standards. An axle has to be longer than the hub to fit in the frame. A 12×142(+) hub does not equal a 142mm long axle.
- This axle has a 1.0 mm thread pitch.
- The axle shaft and axle end are precision CNC machined.
- The axle shaft is 7075 aluminum and hard black anodized for rugged durability.
- The axle end is stainless steel, which allow for mounting of the hitch provided with your trailer. The threads are M10x1 (metric).
- Hardware for attachment of the hitch is included; the hitch is not.
- No special tools required. Design allows for installation or wheel removal using your standard 5mm hex wrench.