Now in its third generation, the full carbon Nomad frame has been completely redesigned to stay ahead of enduro racing’s ever-more DH trajectory. An aggressive 65 degree head angle takes the geometry to Defcon 1 levels of DH readiness, delivering V10 handling at Syndicate speeds. Santa Cruz has also added a V10-style upper link, increased VPP travel to 165mm and improved small bump performance.
Nomad Frame Highlights
- 27.5” wheels
- 165mm VPP suspension
- Internal routing
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- Single-chain-ring-only design
- Compatible with 160-180mm fork
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protectors
- Forged aluminum upper link and lower link
- Single recessed grease port on lower link
- Collet axle pivots with angular contact bearings
- Carbon ISCG-05 tabs
- 142mm rear axle spacing
- Threaded bottom bracket
- Frame weight: 6.2-pounds (2.8kg) and up with Rock Shox Monarch Plus
- S, M, L, and XL sizes
- 5 year warranty
- Lifetime bearings and crash replacement warranty
- MSRP: TBC
The new uncompromising one-by only design also permits a beautifully recessed and protected lower link, resulting in some seriously compact chainstays. Match that with an inch more reach in the cockpit, and you’ve got the ideal set-up for tearing down the side of Chilean stratovolcanoes.
None of that comes at the expense of pedaling ability either. New pivot locations and a steeper seat tube angle place the rider right above the bottom bracket, delivering power to the pedals in liaison stage crushing style.
And as ever with Santa Cruz, it’s what’s on the inside that counts. The internal cable routing is so trick it’s a shame it never sees the light of day. Thin carbon fiber tubes molded into the frame from entry to exit, ensuring completely integrated hassle-free routing every time.
All wrapped up in stealth black or blue/magenta colors with matchy matchy fork and wheel decals, the new Nomad shows just how rad things can get with some single-ring-minded focus.
Nomad Complete Build Highlights
- RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air 160mm fork
- RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair or Vivid Air RC2 shock
- Complete builds: 27.1-pounds (12.3kg) and up
- MSRP: TBC complete for SRAM X01 build, including Reverb Stealth