Old Man Mountain Elkhorn Rack
- The Short fits tires up to 27.5 x 2.8″ or 700c x 50mm.
- The Tall is for maximum mud clearance and fits tires up to 29 x 3.25″.
The Elkhorn is a slender multi-tool of a rack. Stable and secure with 3-pack mounts on the uprights for your favorite cargo or bottle cages and more tie-down points on the deck than you could ever need. Front or rear compatible, the Elkhorn lets you feel the trail beneath you rather than the tail wag behind you.
Old Man Mountain racks are the most versatile racks available. Capable of mounting to suspension forks, full-suspension mountain bikes, gravel bikes, road bikes, fat bikes, even tri-bikes if that’s what you’re into.
Tested and trusted in the most extreme environments on earth (we’re still trying to get NASA to take them to the moon). Our racks have helped riders traverse Iceland in bitter, cold winters, carried the gear of countless GDMBR riders, and circumnavigated the globe. The only remaining question is where will it go with you?
Want to use our rack on a bike that isn’t made for racks? Want to swap your rack between multiple bikes? A Fit Kit is all you need.
Old Man Mountain racks have been around the world, from Alaska to Antarctica, and they’ve carried everything from briefcases and beer to a month’s worth of provisions for unsupported adventure. They’re built to last and have a proven track record.
Trust us, the last thing we want is a call from a customer deep in the Peruvian Andes who needs a replacement rack! We’ve made it 25 years without that call and intend to keep it that way! Knock on wood *knock knock*. Whether you’re headed out to do some birding and bringing a tripod and picnic along, going on a packrafting trip for a week, a quick overnight just out of town, or riding to work, The Elkhorn is the perfect companion.
The solid deck with perimeter rail provides plentiful lashing points and the 3-pack mounts are perfect for bottle cages, cargo cages, or bolt-on bags. Ideal for keeping your gear secure and organized.
It comes ready to mount front or rear if your bike has rack mounts. If your bike doesn’t have mounts we’ve got you covered.
We make a full line of Fit Kits to axle mount the rack. In addition to fitting nearly any bike with the Fit Kits, they also protect your bike from overloading your eyelets. The rack is confidently rated to carry 25lbs.
DETAILS & SPECS:
The Elkhorn comes in two sizes; Short and Tall.
- The Short is designed for 27.5 and 700c wheels. Fits tires up to 27.5 x 2.8″ or 700c x 50mm.
- The Tall is designed for maximum mud clearance and bikes with 29″ tires. Fits tires up to 29 x 3.25″.
- Front or rear mountable.
- Made from 6061 aluminum the racks are lightweight, stiff, and strong.
- The rack is made from 1/2″ (13mm) diameter tubing.
- The deck measures 3.9″ x 10.5″ (100 mm x 266 mm) The deck includes slots for easily lashing gear in place and holes for mounting a light.
- The Elkhorn comes standard, eyelet mount ready with optional fit kits available for thru axle or QR mounting.
- The Elkhorn has a load capacity of 25lbs/11.34kg.
- Rack weight (Short): 623 grams with 6″ extenders.
- Rack weight (Tall): 652 grams with 6″ extenders.
- Powder coated a sleek and refined shade of black.
- If you want more precise fit information, the height from the mounting point to the deck is 390mm on the Short and 430mm on the tall. Be sure to leave room for debris and mud clearance.
What Makes The Elkhorn So Special?
Front or Rear Ready