Due to the overwhelming success of our Zwift Rides in December we are back with more rides!
All the details to get set up are below. If you have any questions please email Christine@steedcycles.com
After rolling out from the starting gate, the Steed Cycles ride leader we will begin with a brief warm-up (for about 5 minutes) and ramp up to ‘club-pace’ of 2.5 – 3 W/kg, slowing down briefly at times (1.5 – 2 W/kg) for the club to re-group – please keep with the ride leader during this time. In the final 10 minutes, riders will get to ‘stretch their legs’ and can break loose from the pack to the end if they choose – or just hang with the group. Enjoy!
Everyone is welcome – you do not have to be apart of the Steed Ride Club to attend so encourage your friends and family to ride along.
There will be prizes given out at each event to random riders so get your trainer set up, Zwift account live and follow the steps below.
Steed Ride Club’s winter training event link via Zwift will be live 5 days before each event.
March 4th , 11th and 18th we ride! Find the events and others on ZWIFT : https://zwift.com/events/
How to join the ride?
– Use the Zwift Mobile Link app on your mobile. Click the Events tab and Join the “Steed Ride Club Winter Workout” on Sunday at 8:05am. You can also join the event directly on the Zwift app on the morning of the event.
– Add the letters STEED to the end of your name using the user settings of the Zwift app. This will make it clear who is part of the club ride. (We will use this to identify ride club members for prizes.)
– Try and get on Zwift at least 5 – 10 minutes in advance of the start time to make sure you are not late and get in a bit of warmup.
– When it’s nearing time for the event to start, you’ll see a popup letting you know it’s time to officially join and get to the starting line.
– You can click “Let’s Go” or just let it auto-select to teleport automatically to the starting gate. You can also click on “JOIN EVENT” at the bottom left.
– Zwift will take you the virtual starting gate with all of the other riders and the countdown will begin.
If you are not on Zwift, here’s some links you can follow for more information on how to get started.
There are also tons of Youtube videos with tips on how to get started.
We have trainers available in store or to purchase online and pick up in store. http://shop.steedcycles.com/bikes/accessories/trainers/